Friday, March 10, 2006

Linkdump Friday

Happy Birthday Pyr!

I counted up the votes for SFFWorld's Favorite book of 2005 and the winner is R. Scott Bakker's The Warrior-Prophet.

Neil Gaiman's Stardust film receives an impressive cast: Robert DeNiro, Michelle Pfeiffer and Clare Danes. I liked the book alot, really like DeNiro and liked most of the films I've seen with Michelle Pfeiffer.

I'm sure most of the people who read this thing have seen the big hub-bub and controversy the new idiot Science Fiction reviewer for the New York Times has caused. My take - I wouldn't be too surprised if what he said was calculated to ilicit the reaction we are seeing across SF spheres.

I've just rediscovered Steve Savile's Web site and blog. Steve hangs out at SFFWorld's forums, with a forum of his own. This looks like a big year for him, publication-wise, with a vampire trilogy set in the popular Warhammer 40,000 series with Inheritance.

Elemental: The Tsunami Relief Anthology co-edited with Alethea Kontis, is publishing in May. I've got an advanced copy, and it looks very impressive.


No comments: