Monday, April 16, 2007

Water, Water, Everywhere

So NJ's acting governer Dick Cody cliamed this was the worst storm to hit the State since 1882. I can believe it, I had a nice little lake in my basement which destroyed a nice new rug which wasn't even a year old. I'll likely need to replace some of the sheet rock walls.

As shitty as it is, I am thankful that I wasn't in one of the areas completely underwater that was evacuated. The worst of it was in the towns surrounding me and where I once lived. There was a State of Emergency and over 50 State roads were closed in NJ today.

Of course, this was all dwarfed by the tragedy at Virginia Tech today. Goddamned. Just when you think the world is fucked up, something like this happens to let you know you ain't seen nothing yet. My heart goes out to all those affected by the tragedy.

On a side note from all the mind-boggling reality, I posted my review of John Meaney's latest offering, Bone Song.

No comments: